Today was the final ride of the season for my Floyds Knobs Ice Cream route. One of the Ice Cream stands closes tomorrow for the winter. It was cold and rainy. 7 hearty souls showed at the start, with 3 bailing after the first stop. I had provided a bail out cue sheet for them to get back safely.
I had never before ridden so many miles continuously in rainy conditions. I could have been dressed warmer for it, but was fine, adding my rain jacket for the final 20 miles. A heavier wool jersey would have been better than the light-weight one I wore.
Two much more important lessons were learned:
1- cantis suck. Despite pad changes, and much study on setup and trial and error to get them right, they just lack the power of v's. It also reaffirmed my statement that my next bike will have discs.
2- even when cold and wet, hot fudge makes ice cream desirable.
I wish I could have been there, rain or not. I didn't get out of the hospital until late afternoon yesterday. Can you provide me a GPX file of the route?
ReplyDeleteGlad you're out and feeling better. Sadly it is not possible to do the route as intended, after today, as the first ice cream stop closes for the season. The route will be back, as a populaire, in late spring or summer.
ReplyDelete