Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Darkness

Just as we start plunging into darkness, my much loved B&M Ixon IQ has failed. Luckily, it has done so before the end of its 2 year warranty, and it now in a box on its way back to Peter White Cycles, the distributor.

However, its failure has prompted me to purchase a backup light, the Planet Bike Blaze 2w. Sadly it will likely be over a week before either arrives to cut through the night and point my way. That leaves me relying on my old Niterider Ultrafazer Max 1w. The Max is waterproof and dependable, but lacks the beam shape and power of the Ixon IQ. It also won't share the same mount as the Ixon, which the PB Blaze will. It's battery life is pitiful as well.

While ordering the Blaze, I went ahead and ordered new brakes for the Motobecane. Shimano M590s and Travel Agents. The same setup I have on the front of Beast will now be on both ends of my main ride. Hopefully this will adequately solve the wet weather braking issues I've had.

No comments:

Post a Comment