I thought I'd put together a list of events I'd really like to do. All in one spot with dates, mileages and locations and any fees.
I'm already signed up for:
11-26-11 Gravel Grovel, 62m, Nashville, IN $35
Thinking about:
2/25 Southern Cross, 50+m, Delonega, GA $80
3/10 Sub-9 Death March, 50+m, Nashville, IN $??
3/24 Barry-Roubaix, 65m, Middleville, MI $50?
3/31 The Lowell 50, 50m, Lowell, MI $32.50
4/14 Ragnarok 105, 111m, Red Wing, MN $Free
4/28-29 B.A.L.L.S, 165m, Barnevel, WI $30
5/12, Almanzo 100, 100m, Spring Valley, Mn, $Free
5/27 HAC NCC Gravel Metric, 62m, DeKalb, IL, $10
6/2 Dirty Kanza, 200m, Emporia, KS, $???
6/9? West Side Dirty Benjamin, 100m, Carver County, MN, $Free.
6/16? TransWisconsin, 420m, ?WI, $???
6/23 Hilly Billy Roubaix, 70m, Morgantown,WV, $???
6/28-29 Trans Iowa V8, 340m, Grinnell, IA, $Free
9/22 Ronde-Van Stony, 40m, Shelby Township, MI, $50+5
9/23? Gentlemen's Ride, 100? MN? $Free
9/25? Three Peaks USA, 47m, Beach Mountain, NC, $60
10/9 Iron Cross, 62m, Michaux State Forest, PA, $???
10/06 Heck of the North, 100m, Duluth, MN, $Free.
10/27 Dirt Bag, 86m, Clearwater, MN $Free
19 events/races.
So what's in there? The entire Almanzo Gravel Road Series (AGRS), the entire American UltraCross Championship Series, and various others. It's more a wish list than a start list. I'd like to do at least one event each in WI, MN, MI. The 300+m events are highly unlikely. B.A.L.L.S is unlikely as it's Bourbon Sampler/Derby Mini/Dark Lord weekend (and probably several other events I'd love to make). Dirt Bag is Bourbon Chase weekend, I believe, so also unlikely.
If I can ride even 4 of those events I'll be happy.
Oops, forgot some:
8/18? , D2R2 Deerfield Dirt Road Randonnee. 100k,115k, 180k Shelburne Falls, MA, $80ish
4/14-15 Tour of the Battenkill, 64m, Cambridge, NY, $???
My Spring schedule really crimps my gravel schedule. Of these, the only one that would be reasonably attainable is the Fall Heck of the North. A couple of the early summer races like the Gravel Metric or Dirty B would depend on how many late May miles I could pile on. Vexing.
ReplyDelete