Trans Iowa is a very special event, and it is special because of its volunteers and supporters. These selfless individuals drive in from all over the place to make the plausible possible. Friends, family, avid cyclists, industry people, and others all come together to put on an event in sometimes challenging conditions for 120 people with a few screws loose.
Happily, this year I actually got a chance to get to know several of them, unlike v9 when I was wrecked with pain, and so out of it, I barely knew what was happening.
I am sad that I didn't get a chance to get to know more of them, as they were out doing their job, and generally being awesome.
So, simply, to all those people, volunteers, and supporters, met and unmet:
You Are All Rock Stars, and I Love You All.
Next year, if I'm not racing, I'll be volunteering, because I aspire to be as awesome as all of you.
Thank you one and all,
Timothy Stephen
No comments:
Post a Comment