The ordering process has begun. Frameset, Headset, Crankset, Bars, Wheelset and Tires are on their way.
The process has not been quite as cheap as I'd hoped, as after looking into it, scavenging parts off my currently existing bikes would have rendered them useless and not have saved all that much money. So, other than bags, pedals and a Brooks Flyer, the whole thing will be new.
The wheelset I ordered is not ideal, but it is cheap and will get me riding until I can build (yes, myself...with supervision) a set that is more to my liking. They're gonna be heavy, as they are more all-mountain wheels than XC wheels. On the plus side, they should be sturdy. On the downside, they're centerlock hubs, meaning I'm spending money on adapters for the brake rotors...
Next up: Brifters, derailleurs, brakes, cassette, chain and odds and ends.
No comments:
Post a Comment