Saturday, June 25, 2011

About Weight

Let's just go ahead and get this out of the way: I'm a big guy. A tad over 6' tall and currently 232lbs.

And that weight is a vast improvement over what I was just 2-1/2 years ago. 295. Ouch.

I like food. I love to cook. I also enjoy good beer and whiskey (okay, pretty much all fine adult beverages)

Interesting thing is, in the winter I lose weight and in the summer I gain it. Cycling season means weight gain. Yes it's muscle. Yes my body shape is still improving. Yes I'm getting stronger and I can climb hills better, I'm faster. I can finally reach the drops on my road bike.

My belts are out of holes, my pants are falling off of me. My shirts are all baggy. My boxer-briefs, on the other hand, are getting a bit tight around the thighs.

I still want to get back into my favorite suit. I weighed 185 when I bought it. Best I can tell I still need 2 more inches off the waist. Considering the current muscle makeup of my body is drastically different from back then, I'm guessing I might fit back in at 205 or so, if I keep the muscle and lose the fat.

But my main gripe about gaining weight is the fact that, even though I'm stronger, I still have to drag that weight uphill. If only I could lose fat as quickly as I seem to be able to pack on muscle. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment